2021 Symposium on Asia-US Partnership Opportunities Begins April 2nd
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kennesaw, GA, April 1, 2021 – The Asian Studies Program at Kennesaw State University (KSU) presents a yearly Symposium on Asia-USA Partnership Opportunities (SAUPO). SAUPO provides opportunities for information exchange, network building, global visibility, and investment both to and from Asia.
Inaugurated in 2011, SAUPO has become the largest Asia-US business conference in the United States. SAUPO enjoys a growing influence in strengthening investments and relationships between Asia and the United States. As a result, SAUPO has received recognition from The White House Initiative on Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs), Georgia Asian Times, Asian American Heritage Foundation, and Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
As an interdisciplinary conference, SAUPO presents a global platform for five-way dialogue among business leaders, scholars, diplomats, government officials, and non-profit practitioners. Previous SAUPO conferences and workshops have been a resounding success with outstanding attendees worldwide.
This year, the conference is being held over Zoom. To learn more about the conference, please visit the conference website. For more information on the speakers and the agenda, you can visit their agenda page, or learn more below.
2021 SAUPO-Zoom Agenda – all times EST
9:00am-9:15am: Opening & Introduction
- Dr. May Gao, SAUPO Chair, Professor of Communication & Asian Studies, KSU
- Dr. Carmen Skaggs, Assoc. Dean, Radow College of Humanities & Social Sciences, KSU
- Honorable Takeuchi, Consul General of Japan in Atlanta
- Mr. Nagendra Roy, Senior Director-IT, Aptude
- Dr. Yusun Chang, SAUPO Asst. Vice Chair, Assoc. Prof. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
sponsored by KSU Office of VP for Research
9:15am-10:15am: Panel #1 – Pandemic, Communication and Organizations
Moderator: Dr. May Gao, SAUPO Chair, Professor of Communication & Asian Studies, KSU
- Dr. Pamela Whitten, President, Kennesaw State University
- Ms. Sophia Marshall, VP of Organizational Communication, WellStar Health System
- Mr. Dan Forsman, President & CEO, Berkshire Hathaway HS Georgia Properties
- Dr. Eric Eisenberg, Dean & Professor of Communication, University of South Florida
- Mr. Robert Striar, President, M Style Marketing
Sponsored by KSU Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences & WellStar College of Health and Human Services
10:15am-10:30am: Music Break
Sponsored by the State of Georgia & Aprio
10:30am-11:30am: Panel #2 – Global Supply Chains, Business & Partnerships
Moderator: Dr. Ian Ferguson, Dean, Southern Poly College of Engineering & Engineering Tech., KSU
- Mr. David Kirk, President & CEO, Murata Electronics
- Ms. Jessica Cork, SAUPO advisor, VP, Public Relations, YKK Corporation of America
- Ms. Wendy Lu, SAUPO advisor, Partner, International Tax Services, Aprio
- Ms. Marcy Sperry, Trademark/IP Attorney, Vivid IP
- Ms. Candy Nip, Director, Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office, NYC
Sponsored by KSU Coles College of Business & Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Dr. Sheb True, AVP, Division of Global Affairs and Dean, Graduate College & Professional Education, KSU
Dr. Jag Sheth, SAUPO Advisor, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Emory University
Sponsored by KSU Division of Global Affairs, Lucy Lu & Associates
Dr. May Gao
Kennesaw State University
402 Bartow Ave. MB#2207 Kennesaw, GA 30144
Originally Posted On: https://syndication.cloud/2021-symposium-on-asia-us-partnership-opportunities-begins-april-2nd/
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.