4 Things You Need to Know Before Purchasing a Bronze Sculpture
Originally posted on https://bronzeman.com/blog-post/purchasing-a-bronze-statue/4-things-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-a-bronze-sculpture.html
Bronze statues have been used throughout history as milestones to represent mankind’s interests, victories, and passions.
Bronze has been used to make beautiful sculptures since craftsmen first developed the practice in ancient Greece.
Today, buyers looking to add a touch of elegance and class to their décor can integrate different styles of antique bronze sculptures into their homes to blend in with other design elements or be standout pieces of artwork.
If you wish to buy a bronze sculpture, you have come to the right place. But before you make that purchase, here are some things you need to know:
You Made the Right Decision
Bronze statues have been around longer than you think, with the earliest structures dating back to over 5,000 years ago.
Due to its high durability bronze is the traditionally used medium to create nearly all types of sculptures.
Bronze sculptures can be adapted to nearly any genre and thus they will never go out of style.
This means that deciding to invest in bronze statues ensures that you will be having a wide display of well-crafted timeless pieces that will fit any interior or exterior design.
At Bronzeman we are dedicated to bringing you customized pieces that will suit your individual interests. If you can imagine it, we can build it.
How Bronze Statues are Made
What exactly is bronze? Well, it is basically a mixture of varying amounts of copper and tin with traces of iron. Making a 100% bronze sculpture is a detailed process where we use the ancient “Lost wax” process as broken down below:
- First, is to sculpt the original model in wax or clay from which the mold will be made. All the details are captured in this stage.
- Molten wax is poured into the mold, using layers from an exact duplicate.
- Wax is pulled from the mold and is detailed, chased, welded and polished—each piece may contain some variations from the original.
- Wax rods are attached to the wax casting and is dipped into liquid silica.
- The ceramic shell is then baked and wax is melted from the shell. The mold is removed from the kiln, and molten bronze is poured into the shell.
- After several hours of cooling the bronze is carefully stripped of the ceramic shell.
- If required, our craftsmen re-detail the welded marks and glass beading is done to the bronze for an even finish.
- After being hand polished and heated to await patina application, a final inspection is conducted and you have your bronze statue ready.
Customization is Everything
Humans beings have diverse tastes, styles and preferences. It is not every day that you find the sculpture you have always pictured in your mind sited on your front lawn or at the entrance to your living room.
Mostly, the small details put you off when selecting the perfect bronze statue. At Bronzeman we are dedicated to helping you find your dream-sculpture.
Whether you’re simply looking to purchase an existing bronze statue of a popular subject or you’d like to work with an artist to bring your bronze sculpture idea to life, we’ll help you discover a picture-perfect result that, stands the test of time and offers incessant delight.
So how are the custom bronze statues created?
- First, we have our artists sculpt models from photographs or sketches provided by you.
- Once the model is finished, we send you images of the model from different angles for input and changes. This gives you a picture of how the finished sculpture will look like.
- Once we get your approval the casting process begins.
Due to the intricacies involved in the casting process, you just have to wait for 4-6 months depending on the size and the details of your sculpture. That is a short time for a masterpiece; don’t you think?
Décor and Sculptures
Your home and garden reflect your mind and thought process. In fact, the environment plays a vital role in uplifting moods and enhancing the overall aura of the space.
Bronze sculptures enhance the look of your garden or home but you need to find the right kind. The style of your home or garden can influence the sculpture you pick.
Bronze being a unique material can blend in and surprise the senses, as well as being particularly photogenic and withstands the demand of display for both indoor and outdoor aesthetics.
With over 20 years of experience supplying bronze sculpturesworldwide, Bronzeman is one of the most trusted art dealers in the world.
We pride ourselves in creating custom memorials for your loved ones and bringing your thoughts and ideas into “bronze life”.
Our close relationship with bronze foundries allows us to connect clients with the artisans best suited for them, ensuring top quality results.
If you are a first-time buyer or a seasoned collector who has not tried us yet feel free to visit our warehouse in Los Angeles, but if you are not from around you can call any time at (877) 528-2531 to speak to one of our experienced consultants. No worries, shipping is provided all over the US.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.