Vertex School Announces Recently Added Course, “Creating Cinematic Environments in Unreal Engine 5
Vertex School offers nine-month-long programs and courses that train students to get a career in Game Art, Animation, XR, Film and the Metaverse. Now they’re proud to announce their recently added course, “Creating Cinematic Environments in Unreal Engine 5”.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Austin, TX, August 16, 2022 — Vertex School, the online school that offers top-quality, affordable and up-to-date alternatives to associate and bachelor’s degree programs, is proud to announce their recently added course “Creating Cinematic Environments in Unreal Engine 5”.
This immediate-access course is available to anyone with basic knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 interested in building a high-quality cinematic style environment. There will be a quick introduction to the Unreal Engine chapter, so the course is also suitable for complete beginners that have basic UE experience. From lighting a night scene and adding post effects to create a visually pleasing environment, students will be able to get the general knowledge to work in Unreal Engine 5 to find out how to make a movie.
The course developed by Vertex School is sectorized into five different modules:
- Defining Environment Layout: For this module, students will go over the basics of Unreal and work to determine the general layout of their environment and place their pavements.
- Placing Buildings: For module 2, students will review how to place modular buildings while keeping composition and variation in mind.
- Placing Medium Scale Props: In this module, they will go over how to place medium scale props; these are props like scaffolding, neon signs and more. This will be the final stage before they start working on lighting and final polishing.
- Lighting Scene: They will focus on lighting their scene and doing the post effects. As this environment is very light-heavy, this will be a crucial week as it will define your environment’s overall mood and feel.
- Placing Additional Assets, Polishing Scene, Portfolio Prep: For the final module, you will start to place all your small additional assets and polish their scene to take it to the last. Next, you will learn how to take both high-resolution screenshots and create videos inside UE5. And the best: your environment will now be ready to be posted on your portfolio!
Are you ready to create unreal engine movies? By the end of the course, students will be able to use the basics of UE5 and those skills to build environments from the ground up and create interesting compositions and moods using the various lighting systems and post effects.
About Emiel Sleegers:
Emiel, the course instructor of Creating Cinematic Environments in Unreal Engine 5, is a Lead Environment Artist and Owner of FastTrackStudio. He’s worked on games like The Division 2 + DLC at Ubisoft, Forza Horizon 3 at Playground Games, and as a Freelancer on multiple projects as an Environment Artist and Material Artist. He is also the owner of a tutorial publishing brand called FastTrackTutorials.
About Vertex School:
Vertex School offers high-quality, affordable and innovative creative tech training to prepare students for a career in games, film, XR and the metaverse. Additionally, the school focuses on pairing students with industry professionals.
Visit https://www.vertexschool.com/ and learn more about their program overview and other available offers. It’s time to create a film with the help of Vertex School!
Name: Ryan Kingslien
Organization: Vertex School
Address: 7301 N FM 620 Rd Ste 155-148, Austin, TX 78726