How to lay artificial grass
Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://yateartificialgrass.com/how-to-lay-artificial-grass/
Laying artificial grass is a great way to create a low-maintenance, attractive lawn that will look great all year round.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare the area: Start by excavating a depth of 100mm and remove any grass, weeds, or vegetation from the area where you want to lay the artificial grass.
- Lay the weed barrier: Roll out the weed membrane and cut it to size using a sharp utility knife. Make sure to leave a little bit of extra membrane around the edges so that you can trim it to fit perfectly.
- Add a base layer: To create a stable base for your artificial grass, you will need to add a layer of type-1 aggregate. This will help to improve drainage and prevent the grass from shifting over time then use a compactor or tamper to compact it down. after this step you will need to spread a thin layer of stone dust across the top of the of the type-1 sub-base filling all crevasses, then use the compactor or tamper to stable the stone dust
- Cut the grass into area: Use a sharp utility knife to trim the edges of the grass so that it fits perfectly into the area where you want to lay it.
- Add infill : If you want your artificial grass to look and feel more like real grass, you can add infill. Infill is a material that is added in between the blades of grass to provide cushioning and help the grass stand up straight. Common types of infill include silica kiln dried sand.
- Brush the grass: Once everything is in place, use a stiff-bristled brush to brush the grass in the opposite direction of the blades. This will help to fluff up the grass and make it look more natural.
That’s it! With these steps, you’ll have a beautiful, low-maintenance artificial lawn that you can enjoy all year round.
Why choose artificial grass
Artificial grass has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its many benefits. Here are some reasons why you might want to consider artificial grass and why so many people choose to use artificial grass:
- It requires very little maintenance: Unlike natural grass, which needs to be mowed, watered, and fertilised regularly, artificial grass only requires occasional brushing and cleaning.
- Durable: Artificial grass is designed to withstand heavy foot traffic and extreme weather conditions. It doesn’t fade in the sun, and it stays green year-round.
- Environmental Benefits: Artificial grass doesn’t require any water, so you can save money on your water bill and conserve this precious resource. Additionally, since it doesn’t need to be mowed, there are no emissions from petrol-powered lawn mowers.
- Safe and Clean: Artificial grass is made from non-toxic materials and doesn’t harbour pests like natural grass can. It’s also easy to clean, so you don’t have to worry about stains or odours.
- Versatile: Artificial grass can be used in a variety of settings, from residential lawns to commercial sports fields. It can also be customised to fit any space or design.
Overall, artificial grass can be a great choice for those who want a low-maintenance, durable, and environmentally-friendly lawn.
If you are interested in getting your lawn replaced with artificial grass and don’t feel confident to do all of the hard work yourself, feel free to get in touch and we will be happy to pop out and see you.
All of our quotes are no obligation and we can help and advise you on any issues that might pop up during the work