FAMILY ADDICTION COUNSELING PROGRAM
Serenity Light Recovery offers an intensive three-day Family Program, which works to assist a patient’s family and support system in learning more about the disease of addiction, as well as the symptomology, education, coping skills, and many other topics that can assist the family in gaining a better understanding of treatment. Throughout the process, we encourage you to share your family journey, your struggles, and your emotions & feelings that can better help us, help you.
The Family Program is…
- Allowing the family to learn about the disease of addiction, treatment, and education
- Teaching loved ones about healthy boundaries, enabling, and codependency
- Communicating with loved ones in a supportive environment
- Finding other support groups such as Al-Anon, and additional family addiction counseling programs
The Family Program is NOT…
- Rehashing negative events
- Solving every family issue that has occurred during the addiction process
- Incorporating negativity
- Focusing on one specific family member and their grievances
On Wednesday morning, please go directly to Lotus Lodge (the admissions and administrative building) to register. A Family Program staff member will be waiting to direct you.
NOTE: The welcome session begins at 8:00 am on Wednesday morning, and it is strongly encouraged for you to make arrangements to come on time, so we are able to start promptly.
The Goals of the Serenity Light Recovery Family Program and Family Addiction Counseling is:
- Educate the family regarding concepts of addiction, relapse prevention, how it affects the family system, and different programs, such as the 12 step fellowship, that can assist your loved one and family in the recovery process
- Identify and put into practice consistent methods of supporting vs. enabling someone who is struggling with addiction.
- Improve the family’s coping skills to manage the emotional and behavioral responses to addiction within the family system.
- Provide social and emotional family support, and allow the family to interact with other families that are struggling with addiction within their family dynamic.
- Offer a welcoming place that encourages healing and compassion for the family and their loved ones.
If you wish to learn more about our Family Program and how family addiction counseling can help you, reach out to SLR today. Contact Serenity Light Recovery today at 855.658.6109 to learn about your addiction treatment program options. Before heading to our program, use the below questionnaire to provide us with information about the situation. You can also learn about hotels and lodging below.