UPGRADE A CLASSIC: Egg Salad Sandwich with Candied Sriracha Bacon
Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/egg-salad-sandwich
Classic egg salad gets an irresistible upgrade with sweet and spicy candied bacon. Chopped hard-boiled eggs come together with a creamy shallot arugula mayo and brown sugar sriracha bacon bites. Take this Egg Salad With Candied Sriracha Bacon along on summer picnics or serve on nights when it’s too hot to cook. Watch our recipe video here.
Egg salad is better than ever with bacon, and this version can be tucked between slices of sandwich bread or enjoyed as-is. Either way, the recipe is quick and easy to whip up on a weeknight and you don’t need to turn on the oven.
Bacon is the star in this delicious recipe, and the GoodCook Microwave Bacon and Meat Grill Plate is the easiest way to get crispy bacon without getting out your frying pan. With a no-splash lid and an easy drain rib design, you can quickly cook bacon with no grease splatter. This bacon gets the royal treatment with a brush of Sriracha and a dusting of brown sugar. The result is smoky, spicy, crispy, sugary bacon that’s out of this world good.
The dressing is a simple mix of chopped shallots, lemon juice, and mayo. The GoodCook Touch Food Chopper swiftly chops onions and shallots and comes apart for easy cleaning. A GoodCook Citrus Squeezer is perfect for extracting juice from fresh lemons and the fresh arugula or parsley gets a quick chop with a PROfreshionals Rolling Herb Mincer.
The last step calls for chopped hard-boiled eggs. You can purchase pre-cooked eggs from the dairy case at the grocery store or pre-boil them beforehand and store in the fridge. The GoodCook Egg Slicer Tool saves you time and frustration when chopping eggs, creating even, attractive egg slices that are perfect for this recipe. It features a comfortable, non-slip plastic frame that’s easy to clean.
Combine the chopped egg, mayo dressing and spicy candied bacon bites together for an utterly delicious lunch or quick dinner. Serve over a bed of lettuce, with sandwich rolls, or pack in a GoodCook Boxed Lunch Kit along with some fruit for a nutritious lunch.
Get the tools
Get quick and easy lunch and dinner inspiration with GoodCook. From easy slicing and dicing with a GoodCook Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife to zesting with the GoodCook Fine Zester Grater, GoodCook has everything you need to get simple and delicious recipes on the table. Are you ready to whip up this incredible loaded egg salad?
- serves: 1
- difficulty: Medium
- prep: 5 minutes
- type: Breakfast
- total time: 15 minutes
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed arugula or fresh parsley, chopped (plus additional for sandwiches)
- A several grinds or 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Squeeze the lemon over the chopped shallot or onions in a large bowl. Add salt and mayo to the bowl, whisk and let it rest.
- Place bacon on Good Cook Microwave Grill and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for 1-minute increments, rotating the tray each time to ensure even cooking. 3-4 minutes.
- Place brown sugar in a thin layer on a small plate.
- Using your fingers or a brush, coat the bacon a thin layer of Sriracha, and then pat the bacon into the brown sugar on both sides to coat. Then using the Good Cook Microwave Grill, microwave the bacon for 30-45 seconds more to candy bacon. It will crisp and harden as it cools.
- While the bacon cooks, slice eggs using the Good Cook Egg Slicer, slice once through, and then turn the egg 90 degrees and slice the other direction for pieces if desired.
- Add cut egg to the large bowl with the dressing along with the chopped arugula or parsley and gently fold to incorporate into the dressing.
- Chop cooked bacon and top salad. Serve with bread and additional arugula as open-faced or traditional sandwiches. Finish with freshly ground pepper
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.