Simple Summer Tomato Flatbread
Photo from Pexels
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/simple-summer-tomato-flatbread
Celebrate the fresh flavors of summer with a delicious Simple Summer Tomato Flatbread. This recipe comes together quickly and easily with premade pizza dough, burrata cheese, heirloom tomatoes, and fresh herbs. The whole family will love this flavorful summer tomato flatbread!
If you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner that’s perfect for summer, this tasty summer tomato flatbread is the recipe you need. It’s loaded with fresh heirloom tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese, and flavorful herbs. To get a perfectly crispy, golden crust, we recommend using a GoodCook Pizza Stone. Preheating the stone absorbs heat from the oven, and the crust immediately starts the baking process while the stone absorbs moisture from the dough.
The GoodCook Pizza Stone is 14 3/4 inches in diameter, so it’s large enough for a family-sized pizza, whether they’re frozen, take-and-bake, or homemade. It features a metal rack for easily carrying the hot stone and can be used for serving on a buffet or at the table. When it’s time for cleaning, scrape the food right off or use a wire brush.
Fresh heirloom tomatoes are the hallmark of this recipe, and we’ve found that the quickest way to slice tomatoes thinly is with a GoodCook Mandolin. Turn the dial to adjust the blade, use the guide to hold your fruit or veggies, hold them at an angle, and slice on a cutting board or right over your bowl. It’s that easy!
Follow the steps below to make this irresistible flatbread in no time:
How To Make Simple Summer Tomato Flatbread
- Heat the oven to 450F.
- Place a GoodCook Pizza Stone With the metal rack in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the pizza stone from the oven.
- Place the prepared pizza dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, and transfer it to the GoodCook Pizza Stone Rack. Lightly brush the dough with a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle minced garlic evenly over the flatbread. Place in the oven for 5-7 mins, or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven. Top the flatbread with fresh basil and burrata cheese. Arrange heirloom tomato slices on top, slightly overlapping each other. Drizzle the flatbread with olive oil, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Place the flatbread back in the oven and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the burrata cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Preheat your oven and set the oven to a high temperature.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze before serving for a zingy flavor.
- Substitute 1 pint of cherry tomatoes if you can’t find heirloom tomatoes.
- Look for burrata cheese in the deli or specialty cheese section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, use sliced fresh mozzarella instead.
From a GoodCook Pizza Stone to a GoodCook Carbon Steel Chef’s Knife to a GoodCook Classic Pastry Brush, GoodCook has all the kitchen essentials you need to whip up this delicious dinner. Use a GoodCook Mandolin to slice the heirloom tomatoes the quick and easy way thinly, and don’t forget a GoodCook Pizza Cutter for cutting up your pie! Are you ready to bake up this quick and easy flatbread?
Make and Share
If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload it to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom