Qigong for Beginners Book Review
Originally posted on https://qigonghub.com/qigong-books/qigong-for-beginners-book-review/
If you’re starting to become interested in qigong and the ways in which it can benefit your health, there are plenty of informative resources. Although there are a number of books that successfully cover this topic, for beginners, Stanley D. Wilson’s book, Qigong for Beginners Eight Easy Movements for Vibrant Health, is an ideal place to start.
If you’re interested in qigong and the ways in which it can benefit your health, there are plenty of informative resources.
Although there are a number of books that successfully cover this topic, for beginners, Stanley D. Wilson’s book, “Qigong for Beginners Eight Easy Movements for Vibrant Health“, is an ideal place to start.
What You’ll Learn From Qigong for Beginners: Eight Easy Movements for Vibrant Health
Taking you on a comprehensive journey, you will learn everything you need to know in order to harness the power of qigong.
While you will learn about what qigong is and why it matters, this book mainly focuses on eight key exercises/movements which will help you released blocks to healing.
The ultimate goal is to help you become more centered, as you implement this ancient system into your daily routine. In fact, all you require is six minutes a day in order to begin experiencing the extraordinary benefits associated with qigong.
The Eight Exercises for Greater Vitality
This book focuses on Pal Dan Gum, an active form of qigong.
Incorporating eight simple movements, this book highlights the importance of proper breathing, motion, balance, concentration, and flexibility.
The eight exercises outlined in this book have been used for thousands of years, promoting optimal health.
The eight exercises addressed in this book are known as the “eight silken movements” — which have been historically used in order to promote longevity while supporting spiritual development.
Requiring only six minutes per day, the benefits of Pal Dan Gum are vast.
Is Qigong for Beginners Right For You?
If you are inexperienced but willing to learn, “Qigong For Beginners: Eight Easy Movements For Vibrant Health” is certainly a great choice. Based on this book’s reviews, past customers have been incredibly satisfied with the author’s overall approach.
As you begin to incorporate the Pal Dan Gum sequence of movements within your day-to-day life, you can:
- Increase your energy levels
- Improve fitness levels and overall performance
- Activate greater immune function
- Improve your mind-body balance
- Develop a more positive sense of emotional well-being
- Improve your level of self-awareness and self-discipline
Qigong for Beginners: Inside The Covers
After reading the in-depth introduction, you’ll learn:
- What Is Qigong?
- What Is Pal Dan Gum?
- Training Your Breath
- Training Your Body
- Training Your Mind
- Dal Dum Gum: Eight Silken Movements
- Upholding Heaven with Both Hands
- Drawing the Bow with Each Hand
- Raising the Hands One at a Time
- Turning the Head and Looking Behind
- Bending the Trunk and Stretching the Neck
- Touching the Toes and Arching the Back
- Punching with Angry Eyes
- Raising the Heels to Keep All Illnesses Away
- Practicing Well!
- Self-Healing with Pal Dan Gum
- Two Qigong Meditations for Health and Healing
What Customers Are Saying About “Qigong For Beginners: Eight Easy Movements For Vibrant Health”
With over 65 customer reviews on Amazon, “Qigong for Beginners: Eight Easy Movements for Vibrant Health” has maintained a strong 4.6 stars out of 5, with 80 percent of readers rating the book 5 stars.
Here are just some of the reviews in which past customers have provided:
- “This was the first book I read on Qi Gong and I bought several copies for friends and relatives after experiencing the benefits of this practice. I’ve only been at it for about three months, but I love doing it. The book is written in a very clear and compassionate way, the illustrations are clear, too. If you want to see the eight movements in action, there are a lot of Youtube videos available, just search under Ba Dua Jin or 8 Brocades, which is the Qi Gong style that Dr. Wilson is teaching us in his book. I love just opening the book anywhere and reading a page or two before falling asleep, then I’m ready to practice when I wake up…”
- “I bought this book on Amazon 10 years ago and I still use it. I love it because it works, it’s for people who have little time and want distilled wisdom, quality rather than quantity of movements.”
- “Very well written and researched: the first 50-plus pages are some of the best of what I’ve read about the history and philosophy, and the basics behind, Qigong practice.”
- “I got this book years and years ago. It is the only movement I have ever been able to stick with. 6 minutes first thing in the morning. I think this has saved my life and functioning!!!!!”
- “This is probably the best, most compact, easiest to learn book of QiGong on the market! It’s Korean Qigong (Pal Dan Gum) which is the Korean version of the Chinese Eight Pieces of Brocade. The author swears it cured him of a serious illness and, you know, I have no reason to doubt him! But as he said, you HAVE to practice daily! No matter which style of QiGong you choose to practice you have to practice it or it will do you no good!”
If you’re ready to incorporate this natural method in order to remain more active, relaxed, and energized, “Qigong For Beginners: Eight Easy Movements For Vibrant Health” is definitely worth the investment. Learn more about this 176-page book here.