One Pot Sausage Cheddar Beer Mac
Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/one-pot-pasta-sausage-beer-mac
Five ingredients isn’t a lot. But, oh, how delicious 5 ingredients can be, when tossed together in a pot and turned into this genius One-Pot Pasta.
Like a grown-up version of Mac and Cheese, giant helicoidal noodles are thrown into a deep dish skillet then cooked for 15 minutes until a makes-it’s-own-sauce pasta is ready to serve. Seriously that simple, check out just how quickly this dish comes together in the video below.
5 Easy Ingredients
We’ve included the specifics used in our test kitchen below. But don’t an empty pantry keep you from making this meal at home. It’s incredibly versatile and stands up well to all sorts of swaps.
- Pasta. And kind of pasta here will do. We’ve used everything from fettuccine to mini mac, and it works deliciously every single time! Gluten-free pasta work, as well. Though watch the final batch as you stir, adding broth as needed to get the dish as saucy as you like.
- Sausage. Slice up any pre-cooked sausage links for this dish! Chicken, vegan, and/or pork sausages taste delicious. You can also substitute cooked sausage crumbles or diced ham if desired.
- Cheese. We love the extra zing of sharp cheddar, but go ahead and mix it up! Colby jack, pepper jack, even Swiss tastes great, too.
- Diced Tomatoes. Any flavor, any style. Fire-roasted is our favorite, but plain ol’ diced tomatoes work well, too. Tomatoes-and-chilis, diced tomato blends, even 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes can be swapped in here.
- Beer. Any kind of beer works nicely here, but we love an amber ale. Be careful not to go too dark, molasses Porters or stouts are not recommended. Alternately, you can use stock. Chicken broth, beef broth, or veggie broth all works perfectly here. In a pinch, you can also use water–just make sure you salt your pasta once it’s cooked, to keep the flavor peppy.
The Perfect One-Pot Pan
For this recipe, we used the Good Cook 11″ Deep Saute Pan with Lid. Large enough to fit all of the ingredients, one batch of this pasta (which feeds four) cooked up perfectly in this pan. The liquids didn’t boil over the deep edges, the cover kept splatters from happening as noodles cooked and the final pasta filled the interior nicely. Sleek black, with simple lines, this pan also looks great on your table. Just pop a Pasta Fork in and serve straight from the pan.
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Low
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Type: Main Dishes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Bookmark itPrint recipeIngredients
- 8 oz pasta
- 6 links cooked Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1 (16 oz) can beer
- salt and pepper
- sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, stir together pasta, Italian sausage, tomatoes, cheddar, and beer. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 12-15 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently until cooked.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.