London Broil Recipe With Homemade Garlic Butter
Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/perfect-london-broil-with-homemade-garlic-butter
It’s easy to master this restaurant-quality Perfect London Broil With Homemade Garlic Butter. This inexpensive cut of meat is incredibly succulent after marinating and cooks quickly under the broiler. This recipe will be your new go-to meal when you crave a good steak dinner.
London Broil is both a cooking technique and a cut of meat. In this recipe, we use the low-cost cut of London Broil and cook it London broil style. Start by seasoning the meat and marinating in a simple blend of oil, vinegar, and garlic. An hour is plenty of time for the steak to be infused with the flavors of the marinate, but for more depth allow to marinate overnight. The cooking technique is equally as simple: cook under the broiler, allow to rest, and then slice against the grain to serve.
This method creates an incredibly flavor-filled cut for dinner. Serve with a mouthwatering homemade garlic butter sauce and roasted veggies or a green salad on the side.
London Broil Essentials
Don’t let cooking a simple dinner intimidate you. This Perfect London Broil With Homemade Garlic Butter is easy to make and with GoodCook Cooking essentials, you’re on your way to an amazing meal. You’ll need a GoodCook Touch Mixing Bowl for assembling the garlic butter, some GoodCook Classic Tongs for handling the meat, and a GoodCook?Broiler Pan for finishing your steak in the oven. Let’s get cooking!
Make & Share
Happy London Broil-making! If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Snap a picture and upload it to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @goodcook.com #goodcookcom
- serves: 4
- difficulty: High
- prep: 1 hour 10 minutes
- type: Main Dishes
- total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1-2 lbs London broil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, thyme, or dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- At least 1 hour before cooking, place London broil in a large zip-top baggie with olive oil, vinegar, 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Place in fridge and allow to marinate for 1 hour, and up to overnight. Remove meat from bag, dab dry with a clean paper towel. Sprinkle generously with salt. Place on a broiler pan.
- Heat oven to broil and place rack in the uppermost position.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, parsley, and other fresh herbs. Mix well, and spread half of the butter on top of the meat.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes, then flip over with tongs, salt, and spread remaining butter mixture, broil 3-5 minutes more. Remove pan from oven, allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips with a very sharp knife. Slice against the grain for the most tender strips of beef.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.