How to Make Custom Ringtones for iPhone with/without iTunes?
Well, for custom ringtone lovers I bring you two ways that you can use to convert your favorite song into a ringtone. One method uses the iTunes and other one is without iTunes. Choose whichever suits you and enjoy your custom ringtone making process below.
#1 Make Custom Ringtones for iPhone using iTunes
A). Create the Custom Ringtone
- Open up your computer and go to iTunes. That song must be in your iTunes library to proceed further.
- Go to the menu option of iTunes and then click Preferences.
- There click Import Settings and select AAC Encoder.
- In the preferences tab, make sure the Tunes box is checked.
- Save the settings by clicking OK.
- Now that your song is in the library so right click it and select Info.
- In the window go to Options and change the Start and Stop time and click OK.
- Now right click the file again or the song and select Create AAC version.
- Now drag this to your desktop.
- Next, type Folder options in your desktop search box and in the new window click View tab.
- Here make sure that the option Hide extensions for known file types is unchecked.
- Close this window and right click that AAC file on your desktop and rename the extension to .m4r.
B). Get This File to Your Device
- Import this m4r file to your iTunes library.
- Make sure your iPhone is attached to your PC using a USB cable.
- Go to left side of the iTunes window and select your device.
- Make sure the Sync option is checked click the Sync button.
- Now, in your iPhone go to Settings and then Sounds.
- Click Text Tone and you should see your file there.
#2 Make Custom Ringtones for iPhone without iTunes-
This is a very simple and speedy process to get your ringtone to your iPhone and you need o iTunes or any long process for this. Once done it will surely be your favorite way to get ringtones always. You just need to install one app and it is all done after that. So go ahead with these steps and get your ringtone. The app is called GarageBand that you can easily install on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- Download GarageBand from App Store and install it in seconds.
- Make sure you already have your music or song in the library else you won’t find it in the GarageBand.
- Now it is time to open the app and click that Audio Recorder.
- Rotate your phone in landscape mode and in the upper left corner tap that three dot icon that exists in the third place from the left side of the screen.
- Next, go to the upper right corner and click that + sign.
- It will pop up a small window so there click Section A and in the Manual section make it 30. This is the ringtone length.
- Now close the pop up by tapping outside in the app.
- In the top right corner, click that loop icon and then Music.
- Select Songs and choose your song by clicking and dragging it to the apps screen.
- Once loaded you can use the handles to make the selection you want as a ringtone.
- To make it confirm use that play button so you can listen to your selection.
- Next, tap the opposite triangle button and click My songs.
- Now, click Select and then My song and then tap share sheet button that is on the upper left corner in the first place.
- In the pop up go to Ringtones and the in the warning message click Continue.
- You can now rename your ringtone and click Done and then Export.
- Now, you are done and to set your ringtone go to Settings and Sounds.
- There select Ringtones and from the list click the ringtone you just renamed.