Everything You Need to Know About Discount Disney World Tickets for 2020
Photo From pexels
Originally Posted On: https://disneydose.com/discount-disney-world-tickets/
You can still save money at Walt Disney World with discount park tickets even with all the new additions like the incredible Star Wars Land and the newly opened Mickey Mouse themed ride and ever increasing ticket prices.
BUY DISCOUNT WDW TICKETS NOW >
In this guide we have broken down the best discount ticket options into an easy to use list so that you will save money at Walt Disney World.
There are also some frequently asked questions about finding discount park tickets and info on how to avoid scam tickets at the bottom of the article.
Disney Approved Discount Walt Disney World Tickets Reseller
In order to reach every market throughout the United States and to increase their marketing power, Disney partners with outside companies and allows them to resell their park ticket at a special rate.
I work with Get Away Today, the largest of these partners, and negotiated an even lower rate on park tickets exclusively for readers of my sites DisneyDose.com and MickeyVisit.com. The team at Get Away Today values all that we provide for our readers so they have committed to offering the literal lowest prices on multi-day tickets publicly available ANYWHERE! This is your best ticket option for your vacation!
Their company is top rated and they have worked with Disney for nearly 30 years helping millions of people to save money. Over the last four years they have helped thousands of our readers too on ticket cost and now they want to help you save money with their special promotions.
BUY LOWEST PRICE PARK TICKETS NOW >
Book a Disney World 2020 Vacation Package
You can also book entire vacation packages through Get Away Today that includes your hotel stay and ticket. When it comes to staying at Walt Disney World, staying on-site is a huge perk and one we always recommend! Guests that stay at a Disney hotel receive first dibs on FastPass and dining reservations, get extra time in the parks, optional dining plans to purchase, and more! Plus you’re closest to the magic with multiple transportation options including the new Skyliner that goes to select hotels.
One of my favorite things about Get Away Today is the layaway option. With just $175 down, you can put your entire vacation on layaway including your special discount ticket and hotel! This is such a great way to make a trip accessible for families. The layaway plan does include a $75 non-refundable fee but I have found it is totally worth it so I can have the flexibility to make payments on my trip.
You also get Get Away Today’s amazing customer service on hand during your trip. I always have such wonderful experiences with their customer service, they are always on call if you have any issues on your trip. Plus, since their representatives visit these vacation destinations at least once a year they are familiar with the hotels and the parks to answer all of your questions. My first time taking a resort trip as an adult I used them and I probably called over 20 times asking questions- they were so helpful and not at all exhausted by all my questions.
Click here to book your visit now! Make sure to follow our special link so you can access our exclusive deals for our readers!
Free Concierge Services for Disney World Vacations
Another great way to save money on your vacation is to get access to free concierge services which Get Away Today provides for guests staying at on-property hotels at Walt Disney World. They have tasked their top expert, Brooklyn, with supporting our readers on their vacations.
Brooklyn offers a special set of complimentary concierge services she provides to all our readers:
- Consultation call to understand the complexities of your trip and the preferences of everyone in the group
- Custom FastPass Plus reservations for you, so that you don’t have the worry about the complexities of the system
- Dining recommendations and reservations based on your family
- Tailored advice for how your family can best experience Walt Disney World
- Frequent price checks to ensure that you are receiving the lowest prices possible on your tickets and hotel
- Dedicated support so that you can have the best trip possible!
These perks are an incredible help for any Walt Disney World vacation at no additional cost to you when you book through Get Away Today! With Brooklyn’s help, you won’t have to get up extremely early to secure reservations right as they are released or fret about your perfect day plans.
Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes
You can save money by purchasing an Annual Pass if your trip plans include:
- visiting for longer than eleven days during one trip (within 14 days of each other)
- eight days or more for two trips (or more) over the course of one year
The Walt Disney World annual pass is good for 366 days from the day you first use the pass as your ticket. The goal to save the most money here is to have both vacations within the same 366 day window.
You could also look into purchasing a pass for shorter vacations for just one person so you can receive discounts during your vacation! Discounts include 10-20% on dining, 10% on merchandise, 10% on spa packages, 15% on guided tours, free parking, and discounts on special event tickets.
Types of Annual Passes
There are nine types of Annual Passes including some that are only available to a Florida resident:
- Platinum Annual Pass: This Annual Pass includes unlimited admission to all four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios), parking at all theme park lots, custom Magic Band, and free PhotoPass photo downloads, and souvenir/dining discounts.
- Platinum Plus Annual Pass: With this Annual Pass you have unlimited access to all four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom), access to each water park (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon), access to the DisneyQuest arcade, option to play golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (only cost is the green fee, and reservations are required. Call 407-WDW-GOLF), access to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, parking in all theme park lots, customized Magic Band, free PhotoPass downloads, and souvenir/dining discounts.
- Water Parks Annual Pass: This annual pass provides year long access to each water park during all normal operating hours.
- Premier Pass: This pass provides unhindered access to both Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California. You get all of the specials and discounts included with the Walt Disney World Platinum Pass plus admission to Disneyland in California with free parking and subscription to their Backstage Pass Annual Passholder Magazine and Disney’s Family Fun Magazine.
- Gold Pass: This ticket includes admission to all four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom), but is blocked out on certain days. The pass also includes free parking, custom Magic Band, free PhotoPass downloads, and all other discounts listed below.This discount ticket is only available to Florida Residents and Disney Vacation Club Members.
- Silver Pass: This ticket includes admission to all four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom), but has block out dates. Parking, a custom Magic Band, and the other Disney World discounts listed below are included with this pass. This discount ticket can only be purchased by a Florida Resident.
- Weekday Select Pass: This ticket includes access to all four Disney World theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom), but has all weekends blocked out as well as other dates. Also included with this cheap Disney World ticket is a custom Magic Band, parking. This inexpensive ticket is only available to a Florida Resident.
- Epcot After 4pm Walt Disney World Pass: This ticket provides access to the Epcot theme park after 4pm on every day of the year. Also included is free parking, a custom Magic Band, and other cheap discounts and benefits. This cheap ticket is only available to a Florida Resident.
- After 2pm Water Park Annual Passport: This cheap Disney ticket provides access to both water parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon) after 2pm in the afternoon. This pass includes none of the discounts or benefits listed with the other Annual Passports. This cheap Annual Passport is only for a Florida Resident.
If your trip meets the criteria we’ve laid out above, you can save plenty of money on your vacation! And if you’re interested in Annual Passholder discounts, consider purchasing one for someone in your group so everyone can save.
Disney Vacation Club Member Walt Disney World Resort Tickets Discounts
The Disney Vacation Club is a Disney-owned timeshare operation with units at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Vero Beach, Hilton Head Island, and Aulani Resort in Hawaii.
Members receive special discounts on Walt Disney World annual pass memberships and renewals. This discount is only available to the member’s immediate household. Disney Vacation Club members also have access to specific annual passes that are often just reserved to Florida residents.
If you’re interested in becoming a Disney Vacation Club member, you can read our guide to see if it’s the right fit for you.
Disney World Discount Tickets for Military
Military personnel can receive lodging discounts through Disney Armed Forces Salute. This offer heavily offers discount DisneyWorld Resort passes as well. The promotional tickets below are available for purchase:
6-Day Military Promotional Ticket
Purchase now through December 13, 2020
- With the Park Hopper Option: $301 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $351 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 14, 2020
- With the Park Hopper Option: $283 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $333 plus tax
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
Purchase now through now through December 15, 2020
- With the Park Hopper Option: $265 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $315 plus tax
Receive admission for 4, 5 or 6 days when you visit during the period from January 1, 2020 through December 18, 2020. Guests can add the Park Hopper Plus option for $50 more to get access to the WDW waterparks and other fun activities.
You can also purchase the Memory Maker product for a special price of $98 from January 1, 2020 through December 18, 2020.
Qualifying military personnel who can receive Disney’s Armed Forces Salute is as follows:
- Active/current/retired members of US military from Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, Coast Guard, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Services (PHS), Commissioned Corps of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- 100-percent permanently disabled veterans (qualifying personnel must have military ID with DAVPRM status).
- Spouses of eligible members in place of members.
- Widowed spouses of deceased eligible members.
- Active Military Foreign Affiliates with US issued CAC blue band.
You may purchase discount park tickets for guests who do not fall into the category as long as you are with them when they enter the park. Cast Members are supposed to check ID at the front gate for all military tickets.
WDW doesn’t offer official discount Disney tickets for firefighters and law enforcement but cheap tickets may be available if you contact your union.
AAA Members Discounts for Disney World Tickets
AAA provides discounts on most ticket types ranging from 3-7 day tickets. You should be able to purchase tickets in advance at your local AAA office. The discount tickets will vary depending on AAA location.
Auto Club South, a member of the AAA family, offers an additional discount on Annual Passes and discount Florida Resident tickets for all AAA and CAA members. This discount can save you big money on your Annual Pass. For more information on how to secure this discount ticket voucher, call the office at (407) 351-5610.
We still recommend checking these Disney ticket prices to those offered by our travel partner to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Costco/Sams Club 2020 Disney World Resort Discount Tickets
Some Costco locations carry exclusive discounted Disney World ticket options. When these discount tickets are gone, there is no telling when they will be back in the stores. If you’re lucky, you can score good deals on a Disney ticket.
Sam’s Club and other wholesale resale stores will have special discount tickets on occasion as well. These cheap tickets will just pop up on the floor. The best deal you can get from Sam’s Club is through the purchase of discounted Disney gift cards. For example they may sell a $100 gift card for $97. These savings can add up over the course of your vacation.
Sam’s Club and Costco also has a travel division, but this functions just like a regular travel agency and can’t get you any exclusive deals on Disney tickets which you will often pay higher ticket prices on.
However, we recommend checking the price against our travel partner Get Away Today which will likely offer you a better deal on your vacation package than both these stores.
Disney Youth Education Series Discount Tickets
Disney Youth Education Series (YES) is a program offered throughout the year that provides educational classes on topics ranging from leadership to marine biology that are taught inside of the theme parks. As a side benefit to these cool classes is the opportunity to purchase discount tickets.
The amount of these discounts varies for each type of Disney tickets. The pricing is different for those taking the class and those simply going on the trip. There are lots of different rules and restrictions attached to these tickets so make sure you read all the fine print.
You can see all of the Youth Education Series classes offered here.
Discount Disney World for Tickets Florida Residents
To purchase a Disney Florida Resident ticket, you must have proof of Florida Residency. The tickets are actually linked to a finger scan to prevent you from transferring the tickets to people who don’t live in Florida so only these residents can experience the attractions for these prices.
For those who have a home in Florida, but don’t have their primary ID with the Florida address, you can usually present some other proof of residence within the state along with your ID. Timeshares are not considered residences.
There are several options for cheap tickets for Florida Residents which include:
- One day ticket for the regular front gate price, but with a discounted Park Hopper upgrade.
- Discounted ticket for three days with the ability to add the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun and More option to the ticket for cheap.
- Discounted tickets for four days with the option to upgrade to Water Park Fun and More or Park Hopper ticket for a very discounted ticket price.
- Discounted Platinum Plus, Platinum, Gold, Silver, “Epcot After 4” and Weekday Select Annual Passports are available for Florida Residents.
Blockout dates apply to all the cheaper ticket discounts listed above meaning your selected start date might matter depending on your schedule.
Teacher Unions, Student Discounts, and Group Tickets
Teachers that are members of a union within the US or Canada may be eligible for discounted tickets through their union. Check with your union to find out if they offer any deals or cheap tickets. The amount of the discounts will vary depending on the union.
There are discount one day tickets for University of Central Florida students, faculty, and staff. College students can purchase tickets at the SGA Discount Tickets Center located in the Student Union building. Purchase your cheap tickets in advance because the discounted Walt Disney World tickets sell out quickly.
There are also discounts for groups of 15 or more from qualified non-profit organizations. For detailed information, prices and tickets, please call Disney at (714) 781-4565.
Disney Youth Groups also offer specially-priced group tickets—perfect for a field trip experience—for youths ages 3 to 22. For information and reservations, call (800) 232-7980.
Corporate Government Agencies Disney World Resort Tickets
Disney does provide discount Disney tickets to large corporations and government agencies so they can experience the parks at reasonable prices- you can check with your Human Resources department to find out more information.
Disney Corporate Sponsors almost always have huge discounts for their employees on tickets or can even give away free tickets. If your company has done any large corporate sponsorship work with The Walt Disney Company, definitely check to see if you get special discount tickets.
Word of caution: Always remember to compare these tickets to the Get Away Today discount ticket prices. I negotiated the lowest possible prices on Disney World tickets available to the general public. Often the tickets from Get Away Today have cheaper prices than any corporate discount.
Disney World Tickets Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Before you purchase your ticket, you will need to make some initial decisions regarding ticket type and your start date!
How many days should I spend at Disney World?
This is a tricky question to answer because there are so many different variables to consider when planning a vacation. I recommend first deciding what are your top priorities for things to see and that will help you plan your trip. Which attraction is at the top of your list? How many attractions per day do you want to see? How concerned are you about prices per day? How much do you want to experience? Do you want to park hop? Do you want to visit water parks? Which theme park is (Walt Disney World has four and two water parks) your priority? What is your start date of your visit?
You definitely need to visit for more than one day. The longer you visit, the cheaper it gets per day per ticket making it much more accessible to tack on additional days to your ticket. After four days each additional day costs less than $20 depending on what time of year you’re visiting for your ticket. The absolute least amount of time I recommend is five days, any less than that and you’re missing out on great theme park experiences. And don’t forget the additional things to see, like Disney Springs in addition to the theme park options! Disney Springs has the popular NBA experience which is a must for sports fans. The NBA experience allows kids to star in the basketball game of your dreams making it a popular choice for families.
Your start date also determines cost since the cost varies by time of year. After Christmas and through Spring tends to be cheaper than summer and holiday months.
Should you get a Park Hopper Disney World ticket or One-Park Per Day ticket?
Park hopping is defined as going between multiple theme parks during one day. For example, you may want to start out the day at Animal Kingdom, but then head over to Epcot for dinner and the night time show. You have to chose whether you want to be confined to just one theme park all day or if you want the option to switch around during the day to the other theme park options with one ticket.
The pros of park hoppers is the convenience of being able to visit two different theme parks in one day with one ticket- especially if you plan on taking an afternoon break anyways. But it’s not absolutely essential to have a park hopper ticket if you’re okay with only doing one theme park per day- in fact it can be a great way to save a little extra money on a ticket! This might be a big help if your start date is a time of year that’s considered peak season.
What is the Park Hopper Plus Option?
The Park Plus is an option you can add to your Disney ticket that includes:
- one day admission to Typhoon Lagoon water park added to your ticket
- one day admission to Blizzard Beach water park added to your ticket
- one round of golf at the Oak Trail nine hole family walking course. Does not include clubs or pull cart. Children’s clubs are free. Reservations are required. Ask your hotel concierge for free cab ride coupon when you head to the course. You may only play one round of golf per day with the Water Park Fun and More ticket.
- access to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, not including any event ticket cost
- entrance to the DisneyQuest indoor arcade and experience. This option is not being promoted currently as DisneyQuest is rumored to be closing sometime soon. For the time being though, you can still use these Water Park Fun and More tickets for entrance to the attraction.
The important thing to keep in mind is that the water parks require at least a half day to visit, maybe even a full day. So be sure to plan accordingly to get your moneys worth if you add the Park Plus option to your Disney World ticket. The water park options at Disney World Florida are both great options with two water parks to select from!
Your start date will come in handy here because if you’re visiting at a time of year, this add on will be cheaper in the off season.
What age is free at Disney World?
Children aged two and under get free Disney World tickets. Children can get the child’s price for tickets if they are between ages 3-9. Everyone 10 years old and up require an adult priced Disney World ticket.
Keep in mind that Disney Springs, the Disney World Florida hot dining spot, is free to visit which is a great way to start your day if you take some time to check out the NBA experience.
Why Buy Tickets in Advance?
Purchasing discount Disney World tickets in advance is necessary to setup your FastPass+ reservations for your entire vacation. The FastPass system is a way to save a virtual spot in line for key attractions and they run out quickly! You can only make a reservation for an attraction once you’ve purchased your discount tickets and registered them with the My Experience App. It’s key to do this before your start day, really as soon as you’re able to book, so you don’t miss out.
Beware of extremely cheap Disney World tickets!
Be especially careful to never buy cheap tickets from an online source that is not affiliated with Disney. Never buy tickets from eBay or Craigslist- they are filled with scam/fake tickets. Some people also attempt to sell their tickets after they’ve already used their start date if they purchased multi-day tickets. But Disney already has a system in place to prevent people from sharing tickets. The instant you use your ticket on your start date, the cast member will scan your finger, and that will be associated with your ticket.
Let Us Help Plan Your Vacation!
Keep reading our blog to keep you updated on everything you need to know to prepare for a Disney land Florida vacation! We have a team of writers working hard to keep you updated weekly on Florida Disneyland events in the parks and tips for navigating the magic. Subscribe to our free deals newsletter to receive helpful planning information, exclusive deals and prices, and access to the lowest priced tickets anywhere.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.