Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: http://gressettepest.com/index.php/bedbugs
First, let’s discuss how to identify these insects. Bedbugs are tiny, reddish-brown bugs that can infest hotels, hospitals, and of course, our homes. Their bites can leave red bumps in a line and can cause itching. Bedbugs tend to leave dark spots, which is their excrement on sheets and mattresses. They can be found around the bed, in crevices in the bed frame, and under seams and tags of the mattress and box spring.
Where do they come from?
Bedbugs can be easily found in places we visit regularly. One of the most common places to find them is in hotels, but did you know that they can even be found in libraries, retail stores, schools, taxis, movie theaters, and even hospitals? They can attach themselves to purses, luggage, and backpacks which is how they end up in your home.
Below are some simple tips to help you and your family avoid bedbugs:
- When vacationing or traveling, do not put any belongings in the hotel room until you have thoroughly inspected the room for bedbugs, and keep items such as clothing, suitcases, bookbags, and purses up off the floor.
- When you and your family are out in public. Try to keep all personal belongings up off of the ground as well since bedbugs can be found living in carpets, rugs, and even in cracks in wood flooring.
- Vacuum your floors and furniture regularly.
- Wash bedding on a high heat setting once a week.
- Declutter your home. Bedbugs thrive in and under clutter.
Even when taking the best of caution, bedbugs can still find their way into your home. If you or your family are dealing with bedbugs in Bamberg, Sc don’t hesitate to call Gressette Pest Management today!