10 Tips on Making Your Promotional Product Order Stress-Free!
Photo from pexels
Ordering promotional products for the first time can seem daunting, yet it’s actually a very simple process. These top 10 tips will help you navigate your first order, eliminate hassle and mistakes.
- Be sure to send your logo in the correct format. When sending your artwork to a vendor, make sure it is in the right format. Your logo must be in a PDF or EPS file instead of a JPEG. This helps your vendor accurately replicate your logo so that it is crystal clear with no degradation of the image.
- Always get a head start when placing your order. Plan your orders ahead of time to avoid rush charges and added stress. You want to have plenty of time to make sure your product comes out just right! If you know when you will need your promotional products, check with the vendor and work backwards on order dates and make sure the vendor can verify the goods are in stock.
- When choosing your product, carefully consider your target audience. Be strategic in your selection of promo items. What target market is your company trying to reach? Your giveaway should attract the ideal client for your business. To get the most out of your product, you want to choose something that has meaning and or functionality and that they will use over and over again.
- Be sure to include your website and/or contact info. Promotional products will not be effective if prospective clients don’t know how to reach you. Be sure to include a phone number or website address. Depending on the product, you could also include a QR code for them to scan directly.
- Avoid imprinting too much information on your product. Try not to bombard your clients with too much information. Too many words on a product will appear cluttered and hard to read. In this case, less is more.
- Have a strategic distribution plan. “Where should I distribute my products?” Good question. Research golf tournaments, school events, trade shows, parades, charity walks, etc. Sponsoring an event is another great opportunity for product distribution.
- Stay away from low-quality products. Whether you realize it or not, the quality of your promotional products makes an impression on your clients, and low-quality items could hurt your brand image. Invest in products that will last in order to maximize exposure to your business. Reduce the quantity slightly if price is the issue, never sacrifice the quality!
- Pay attention to which products work the best. Try ordering a few different products and take note of the results! Depending on your brand, some items will attract more attention than others. Your vendor should also be able to make suggestions based on their broad knowledge of promotional products and the industry. Change it up often, stay on top of the latest promotional product trends, what’s hot, what’s new.
- Be aware of additional charges. When ordering promotional products, there are additional charges beyond the price of the product. For example, tax, shipping and set-up charges will add to the total cost of your order. Ask for estimates of all these charges before placing your order.
- Don’t order too few or too many items. Usually, the higher quantity of a single product you order, the better pricing you will receive. That being said, don’t order so many products that you won’t be able to give them all away. Always be aware of expiration dates on certain items as well. You can always reorder in the future!
Whether you’ve ordered promotional products in the past or you’re looking to place your first order, Wearable Imaging is here to help. Give us a call at 949-888-7837 or email us at [email protected] to set up a complimentary 30-minute strategy session. We’ll walk you through the process and help you choose the right product for your brand!