Sharpen their culinary skills in Hands-on Japanese Cooking Lessons
Photo by Louis Hansel
Originally Posted On: https://www.cookingclass-singapore.com/authentic-japanese-cooking/
Singapore is one of the top cities in the world with regards to diverse cultures and cosmopolitan cooking venues.
A lot of people flock here every year to experience the culinary delights which the vast array of restaurants has to offer. With regard to building your career or even learning to cook a new type of food, Japanese cooking classes in Singapore cannot be beaten.
We believe that cooking classes are most efficient with the use of a hands-on approach. Instead of providing purely instructional sessions, our hands-on Japanese cooking lessons will enable participants to join the actual preparation as well as cooking.
Why Choose Our Hands-On Japanese Cooking Class in Singapore?
Our hands-on Japanese cooking lessons in Singapore offer many perks, such as:
- Real world application
- Small class size
- Show what you know and don’t know
- Practical situations- cooking is not theoretical
- Food tasting coursemates as well as instructor’s dishes
- Ideal for immediate and seasoned home cooks
Why Join Our Hands-On Japanese Cooking Class in Singapore?
One famous cuisine in Singapore, Japanese, is both pleasing and stunning to look at. After partaking our hands-on classes on Japanese foods, you will find yourself interpreting Japanese food and crafting restaurants amazing and high-quality dishes for your friends and loved ones.
The Japanese cooking classes we provide cover a staggering variety of dishes, from natural yet healthy onigiri to masterfully made sushi, which serves as treats for palate and eyes as well.
Know how to prepare Japanese street food dishes like takikomi, a detoxifying dish made of rice, which is perfect for weight-conscious people.
We offer four Japanese cooking classes, which are conducted in a pristine, comfortable, air-conditioned, and spacious kitchen, which makes use of the best domestic and commercial kitchen appliances.
You don’t need to bring tools or anything for the sessions; look forward to the passion for preparing Japanese foods.
Begin learning the handsome art of Japanese cooking with us. Here are the four hands-on Japanese classes we offer:
Class 1: Learn Japanese Comfort Food
This is a four hours session wherein you will learn some of the most popular comfort foods in Japan, such as:
- Tempura: Battered, deep-fried ingredients like lotus root, prawn, pumpkin as well as mushroom. Here will teach how to prepare the best sauce of tempura.
- Tempura-Don: A type of dish using tempura as well as an amazing flavoured sauce serves along with a bowl of rice.
- Oyakodon: A dish made with slices of chicken and marinated in egg in a basic sauce, served along with rice.
- Tonjiru: This is one of the best and healthy soups made with miso paste and fish stock, burdock taro, pork belly, leek, konnyaju, and carrot. This is perfect for serving during wintry weather.
Class 2: Sushi Making Class
Sushi is one of the most popular dishes in Japan, with lots of variations available. We will teach you the fundamentals of making sushi, which include cooking and preparing rice from scratch.
This is a 3-hour cooking lesson ideal for beginners.
- Temakizushi: Cones or hands-roll made of nori seaweed and filled with sushi rice, seafood, and vegetables.
- Maki Roll: Seafood and sushi rice rolled in dried seaweed sheets; there are many types of sushi rolls; it only differs on thickness and ingredients as well. Maki roll is very popular in Japan.
We only buy the best and freshest ingredients. If you don’t like aw fish, there are lots of alternatives like veggies and meats that can make tasty and mouth-watering sushi.
Class 3: Japanese Home Favourites
This is a four-hour cooking lesson in which you learn simple Japanese cooking of home favourite such as:
- Japanese Curry Rice: You will know how to make real Japanese curry rice, packed with amazing flavour and deliciousness. We will teach you how to impress your loved ones with mouth-watering Japanese rich curry.
- Yakisoba: Do you love Japanese stir-fried noodles, and then this cooking lesson is for you. We will teach you how to make Yakisoba. This is a grilled style noodle mixed with cabbage, meat, carrot as well as other fresh veggies, and garnished with ginger.
- Tsukemono: Also known as pickled vegetables, this is best to serve with curry rice.
Class 4: Japanese Street Food Favourites
If you love Japanese street food favourites, then this lesson is for you. This four-hour hands-on Japanese cooking lesson will teach you some of the best street foods in Japan, such as:
- Okonomiyaki: This is a tasty pancake with different ingredients made from wheat-based batter. Some of the ingredients include prawn, pork belly as well as shredded cabbage and topped with mayonnaise, Japanese sauce, seaweed flakes, and bonito flakes.
- Takoyaki: A popular dish that looks like a ball made with the use of a special pan. This is filled with octopus and garnished with Takoyaki sauce, mayonnaise and bonito flakes.
- Gyoza: This is popular in every street in Japan and various restaurants as well. We will teach you how to make gyoza, including the technique of folding the gyoza skin.
Our Japanese cooking classes in Singapore are ideal for two to four persons and will take 3 to 4 hours. The whole things start with registration, followed by orientation and classroom instruction, tacking several facts concerning Japanese dishes and culture, knife handling skills as well as methods in cooking. Then we go on to hands-on activities.
There are cooking schools in Singapore that don’t provide hands-on training as lessons are usually demos. Most of our hands-on lessons are normally done in a small team size to avoid complications and to learn the process quickly.
After the session, you can bring home, not just the recipe but the food you cooked and prepared. Because a lot of Japanese foods are made of seafood, make sure to inform us of your allergies to make some adjustments and alterations in the ingredients.
See you at our hands-on Japanese cooking lessons and begin whipping your most loved Japanese foods in the kitchen. Please feel free to fill out the online form.