My husband loves blueberry muffins and he said these were the BEST he ever tasted. I don’t eat blueberry muffins often or blueberries at all but when I tasted these I was pleasantly surprised. These taste just like the store bought if not better. The kicker, this recipe is SO easy!
Course Breads & MuffinsPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 25 minutesTotal Time 35 minutesServings 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Take 3 tbsp of the flour mixture and toss into a separate small bowl with the blueberries; coating them well.
- In a large bow, whisk the sour cream, egg, milk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the flour mixture to this bowl; mix until just moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon heaping spoon fulls of batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a cooling rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
For mini muffins, use miniature muffin cups that hold just a spoonful of batter. They will back in 10 minutes.
If there’s a recipe you would like me to share or remake please let me know!