6 Powerful Home Remedies for Clogged Drains
Photo by Victoria Kure-Wu
Originally Posted On: https://home-remedy.org/home-remedies-for-clogged-drains/
Drains are very common and easily clogged, especially in bathtubs and showers used by long-haired people or pets. A clogged drain can be a real nightmare and very difficult to clean, while cleaners can often be expensive and harmful to your pipes.
Repairs of this type are expensive and time-consuming. For this reason, consider using natural, home remedies for clogged drains.
There has been a lot of talk lately about how harmful household chemicals are, how bad it is to inhale them, but also about how much our children are at risk of using different chemicals.
Today, it is easiest to buy various chemicals that dissolve drains, but because of their strength, they can very easily damage sanitary facilities, also pollute the environment, and can also damage your health. You can also solve this problem in a naturally safe way.
If the drains are not completely flowing and the water from the washbasin or sink drains more slowly, you should not immediately reach for the chemicals.
Here are some natural, home remedies for clogged drains.
Baking soda, sea salt and vinegar
Baking soda helps to disinfect drains and neutralize odors, so it is useful for cleaning clogged drains.
- Wear gloves and clean towels around the drain and drain itself;
- Mix a half cup of baking soda, half cup of sea salt and just as much baking powder. Baking soda and salt will dissolve the deposits, while baking powder will clean the iron. Shake the mixture and pour half into the drain;
- Then pour boiling water and let the mixture work for about an hour. Finally, rinse with cold water;
- If this magic mixture didn’t work, add a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar. When mixed, they create a foamy mass that will surely completely clean the drain. For best results, let it work overnight and pour boiling water in the morning.
At home, the vacuum tire is the first aid to clean the drain. Press it firmly against the sink drain hole and press it. As a result, a hydraulic column was created, under which the plug breaks down into small elements that are discharged by the free flow of water. Such pipe cleaning is an easy and budget-friendly process, but unfortunately it will not help with the over-durable old dirt.
Citric acid and baking soda as a home remedies for clogged drains
Baking soda and citric acid are great natural combinations, which saved a lot of sinks, washbasins, bathtubs, toilets…
- Before you begin the process of cleaning a clogged drain, get rid of excess water from the sink or washbasin;
- Afterward, pour into a clogged drain half a glass of citric acid and the same amount of baking soda;
- Pour warm water over a thin stream for about an hour.
You will see the chemical reaction between soda and citric acid in the form of foaming.
This mixture will dissolve small bits of food, grease, hair, cleanse it from other impurities and bacteria, preventing odors from spreading. After ten minutes, allow the hot water to rinse the drain. If you failed the first time, try again.
Wire to help with clogged drains
Take a piece of wire and bend it at one end into the hook. Push the hook into the drain and start “fishing”. Be prepared to get everything out of it. When done with the wire, rinse the drain with a liter of hot water.
Two packages of live yeast will solve the problem. Just let the yeast flow down the drain, wait a while, pour in some salt, then pour a glass of boiling water. Wait 45 minutes, then pour another glass of hot water.
Dishwashing liquid as a home remedy for clogged drains
The drain in the kitchen is probably a problem because of the grease that has accumulated down the pipes somewhere, and the liquid from the dishes is made to remove grease. Pour plenty of liquid into the drain and pour boiling water over it.
You should maintain the hygiene of your home with natural remedies.
Without much preparation, you already have some cleaning products in the household.
Based on all the above, a good recommendation is to use one home remedies for clogged drains.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.