Choosing The Perfect Christian Baby Names
Are you pregnant? You will most likely need to pick out possible names for your newborn. If you have a strong faith, it's likely that you may be open to choosing from some Christian baby names. This article demonstrates our top Christian baby names as chosen by expectant mothers. These names are of interest from a Bibilical or historical perspective.
1. Levi - This name is extremely popular right now. Especially since actor Matthew McConaughey and his wife named their baby boy Levi. It is an ancient form of "Matthew" and literally means in Hebrew, "Gift of God". This is a very, very popular Christian name right now because of the meaning and because of the celebrity ties.
2. Jeremiah - This is an ancient name that has recently come back into popularity as times chance. It is from the Hebrew translation of "Yirmeyahu" and it means "God will raise up; God will set free". Many couples have voted this as one of our most beautiful names for a boy.
3. Aime - This is a boy's name and it comes from ancient French. It is the male version of the female name "Amy". It means literally, "loved". It is pronounced (a MAY) and is very popular at the moment. If you are expecting fraternal twins of different genders, it may be cute to think of Aime and Amy for their names.
4. Jacob - It is the male version of the female "Jacoba" which are both popular at the moment too. They both mean "Supplanter; held by the heel". There is no particular affiliation with this name and God other than Jacob was in the Bible. He was the third patriarch of the Jewish people whom God made a covenant with.
5. Lazarus - This is another ancient name regaining in popularity. It comes from ancient Hebrew and it means "God is my help". If you have a strong faith and you feel that this phrase suits you, then you may want to consider Lazarus for your newborn boy.
6. Malin - Do you not know the gender of your baby yet? Malin is a name that is gender neutral meaning it can be used by both sexes. It is Hebrew and it means someone of Magdala, which is a city from ancient Israel. It is assumed that Mary Magdalene is named so because she is "Mary from Magdala".
7. Elijah - This name has been gaining popularity for a male baby ever since the 1970s. With NFL Quarterback, Eli Manning named from the Hebrew, Elijah it is popular not only among Christians but among sports fanatics too. It means "My God is the Lord" from a Hebrew translation.
These are just some of our most popular Christian Baby Names. We have a full list of Christian Baby Names and Meanings that is perfect for an expectant Christian couple who wants to name their child with ties to their faith. If this is you and your spouse then you may want to check out our full list of all of the names and special meanings.
Disclaimer: The information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors
and do not necessarily represent the views of ArticleCity.com and/or its partners.