How Psychic Are You?
by: Sam Stevens
To find out how psychic you are, try answering the following questions.
- Have you been attracted to the occult ever since you were a child?
- Do you often complete other people's sentences for them?
- Do you always buy the perfect birthday gift or Christmas present even though they haven't told you what they wanted?
- Have you ever thought about something that you wanted and then miraculously had it pop into your life the next day? This could be something very simple such as the desire for a certain kind of Chinese food or a pair of shoes.
- When you think about people do you shortly receive a phone call from them afterwards?
- Do you "talk" inside your head to a deceased relative, such an aunt or grandfather who you feel is like a guardian angel watching over you.
- Do you feel nausea and other symptoms of physical distress when you are near a cemetery or other places where people are deceased?
- Have you ever had a dream and had it come true?
- Have you ever sensed when someone has died?
- Can you tell the history of an object just by picking up?
- Do you cry a lot at a sad movie?
- Do you seem to attract the walking wounded (troubled people such as alcoholics or addicts), more so than most people in life?
- Have you ever won the lottery by guessing a couple of numbers dead on?
- Have you ever been in bed and felt as if your soul was leaving your body and that you were looking down at yourself from the ceiling?
- Have you ever had epilepsy, brain damage or manic depression?
- Were any of your ancestors psychics?
Assign yourself 1 point for each question to which you replied yes.
If your score is seven points or less than you are not unusually psychic. You were born with the natural radar possessed by most humans.
If your score is between eight and twelve points than you are definitely an intuitive and have an ability that can be cultivated into something more. Others are probably drawn to you because of your empathy.
If you scored between thirteen and sixteen points then you are unusually talented and should explore a career as a professional healer, medium or a psychic.
An explanation of the results:
- Most psychics develop an interest in the occult very early in life, often even before the age of twelve.
- Completing other people's sentences for them is a form of highly tuned intuition. Couples do this because they are very connected to each other.
- Being dead on by giving someone exactly what they want for Christmas is another example of intuition or you "tuning" into another person's thoughts.
- Having your little wishes come true at just the mere thought of them is a rudimentary form of manifestation. An ability to manifest dreams into matter or manifest coincidences is a sign that you are not only in tune with your psychic abilities but also with your higher self.
- If you think about someone and they call, that is a form of telepathy (sending a message from mind to mind) at work.
- Psychics are thought to be hosts for ancestral spirits. If you find yourself frequently talking to a deceased relative in your head it is possible that you are a medium - a person that can channel the spirits of the dead.
- They don't call it a "gut feeling" for nothing. People who are psychic often feel nauseous or a pain in the center of the forehead or at the top of the head if they are near a place where spirits hang out. Many psychics will also feel this if they are around toxic or negative people.
- If you have dreams that come true, then it can be said that you are blessed with the gift of prophecy.
- Psychics, mediums and other intuitive type often know inside when someone else has died. This is because they either feel the connection from that person intensify dramatically for a few hours or days, or they may even just feel a sense of loss or disconnection.
- The ability to tell the history of an object or sense who owned it is called clairsentience. This means you are able to pick up messages through your flesh. Many say they feel a buzz or itchy feeling in their palm when this is happening to them.
- If you cry a lot at a sad movie, or even just any sad story, this means that you have a wonderful ability to be empathetic with others. The danger of being able "to put yourself in someone else's place" and understand them, however, can be dangerous as often the feeling often feels like love. Women who find themselves in bad relationships often mistake their feelings of empathy for feelings of soul love.
- Psychic individuals tend to attract troubled individuals for a couple of reasons. One of them is that the people who are troubled intuitively are drawn to others with healing or empathic abilities. Very often the person that comes to you feeling this will say something like "You are the only person who understands me." Also there is a principle that light attracts dark. The shinier and more enlightened you are as a person, the more you tend to draw negative events that challenge your progress on your soul path.
- If you have won the lottery, you are either very lucky, or very psychic!
- Out of body experiences and nightmares where you are being lifted out of your body are very common amongst psychics. It indicates ability to astral travel and talk to other spirits.
- It's sad but true, but many psychics are people who have hit some kind of rock bottom with their emotions or nervous system. The sixth sense is often borne out of a necessity when the person lacks common sense or even the usual five senses due to an illness.
- If you come from a long line of diviners, readers or prophetic people than chances are that you are capable of developing the same abilities.
About The Author
Sam Steven's metaphysical articles have been published in many high-standing newspapers and she has published several books. You can meet Sam Stevens at http://www.psychicrealm.com where she works as a professional psychic. You can also read more of her articles at http://www.newagenotebook.com where she is the staff writer. Currently she is studying technology's impact on the metaphysics.
This article was posted on April 14, 2005
<< Back to "Recreation And Sports" Index