Commercial Marketing Postcards In One Day
Let me teach you how to make commercial marketing postcards in just one day. Postcard printing and design is actually very simple to do once you have a good process setup. From postcard templates to the final postcard product, I will teach you how to do it quickly step by step. Let us start first with a very integral tool in postcard printing, and that is the postcard template.
1. Get your postal service approved template - The first step in creating your commercial color postcards in one day is to get a postal service approved template. This will help quicken your design process since a template will already give you a good foundation for a design.
Luckily for you, postal service approved templates are easily downloadable over the Internet. All you have to do is to look for online postcard printing companies and download their postcard templates for free. Many firms offer free downloads of these templates so you will not have to worry too much. Just try to choose the right sized postcard templates in the right file format that will serve your purpose.
2. Get your postcard picture - The next step in creating your postcard is getting the postcard picture. To make things a little easier, you should focus on getting just one concept picture and not a multitude of ideas. So grab your digital camera and start taking pictures (if you are good at this) or you can also download images over the Internet. Just make sure though that the pictures you are getting are in high resolution. It is best to get as large an image as possible for your postcard so that it does not look fuzzy when printed. Images at 300dpi or higher is recommended, but if you are getting images directly from the Internet it is best to get something large 1000 by 1000 or more.
3. Write your marketing message - Afterward, the next step is writing your marketing message. Since you are creating a marketing postcard, it is best to keep it short and concise to fit the limited space. You do not need to win a Pulitzer here. So do not over think this. Anything that relates to your image and tells people they need what you offer should be enough.
Do not forget that you should also write a more detailed marketing message for the back of the postcard. This should supplement your message and get people to really understand what your marketing offer in your postcards is all about.
4. Creating a digital draft of your postcard - Now, with your template, image and marketing message ready, the next stage is creating your digital draft. Just load up your postcard template in the appropriate design software application and then insert your image. Adjust and enhance your image first before you finally add in your marketing message. Make sure that your text contentís font style and font color blend well with the image of your postcard draft.
5. Enhancing your design - With all the important content elements set, you should then start enhancing the design. You can add blending effects to your text, such as shadows, glows, and strokes, while your images can be applied with texture filters, color correction filters etc. Try to do all the finishing touches that you like so that you can complete the postcard design properly.
6. Testing and revising your design - Once your main draft is done, it is important that you get the opinion of others and test your designs. Sometimes, it is not enough for us to judge our designs alone. You will need feedback so that you can improve and refine your layout for better impact. So ask your colleagues, friends and anyone who is near you to see what else you can do to improve your design. Revise your designs according to their feedback and you should be done.
7. Printing your postcards - Finally, with the final draft complete, you should then print your color postcards. It is best to let a professional postcard printing company do this. Now, if you want your postcards done in just one day, you should go online and hire an online postcard printer to do it for you. Many of these online printers offer overnight printing services that will have your postcard orders done and delivered to you in just one day. This is perfect if you need to rush your marketing postcards for a certain marketing opportunity. So just go online and start ordering your prints.
So that is how you can make commercial marketing postcards in just one day. It is very easy once you have the right speedy process setup.
For comments and inquiries about the article visit: http://www.printplace.com/printing/postcard-printing.aspx
Disclaimer: The information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors
and do not necessarily represent the views of ArticleCity.com and/or its partners.