How Vegetarian Diet Helps to Lose Weight
To make use of your vegetarian diet to help you lose weight, you need to convert your normal sugar-laden, calorie-packed vegetarian diet into a genuine vegetarian weight loss diet. How? Just follow these guidelines.
Fat Loss Ingredients for Making a Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet
1. Fiber - Gives you the bulk and cleanses your colon by improving your bowel movement. In other words, fiber helps you detox, and with regular detox, you'll lose weight easily.
2. Complex-Carbohydrate - Together with fiber, foods high in complex-carb (good carb) break down more slowly, generating a steady stream of energy to help sustain your daily activities over long period. The moment your stomach empties, your metabolism will slow down to conserve energy. You need an active metabolism to constantly burn fat. Hence, eating foods high in complex-carb will keep you metabolically active throughout the day, and thus burn more body fat.
3. Protein - Helps to repair and rebuild more healthy cells. It is ultimately your cells that control metabolism. More healthy cells will accelerate your metabolism to help you lose more weight.
4. Fat - Good fat like virgin coconut oil will convert right into energy, just like carbohydrate. Moreover, it generates a thermogenic effect that boosts your metabolism. Having said that, virgin coconut oil is a must-have fat-burning fat in any vegetarian weight loss diet.
5. Chili - Same as virgin coconut oil, chili (like cayenne pepper) produces thermogenic response to increase your metabolism. But you should add it moderately to spice up your vegetarian weight loss diet. Too much can render health issues like acid reflux or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
6. Water - Helps to hydrate your body for optimal performance. Water also helps to stimulate metabolism too. And together with fiber, it helps to flush toxic waste out of your body. Avoid any sugared beverages. Drink adequate amount of plain water. But make sure you don't drink excessively or you can suffer from hyponatremia (water poisoning).
All in all, up your whole food portion in your vegetarian weight loss diet, and you should get plenty of these super nutrients to help you lose weight naturally and easily as a vegetarian.
How to Eat Your Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet to Lose Weight Effectively
1. 5 Meals a day - Split your 3 main meals into breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. This will keep your stomach busy and maintain your metabolism's active level.
2. 70 / 30 Rule - Never stuff your stomach to the brim. In your breakfast, lunch and dinner, keep your stomach 70% full only. As for your snack, make sure it only fills you up to 30 - 40% only.
3. New Recipe - Sticking to the same vegetarian weight loss meals for few days can easily cause nutrient deficiency. Nutrient deficiency may lead to weight loss plateau. Alter your meal plans in your vegetarian weight loss diet every day, where possible, to enable your body to absorb a broad spectrum of nutrients for optimal fat loss.
So, this is how you can make use of your vegetarian diet to help you lose weight, once you include these natural ingredients and the simple-to-follow eating guidelines.
Disclaimer: The information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors
and do not necessarily represent the views of ArticleCity.com and/or its partners.